Monday, May 30, 2011

Garden on Memorial Day


I've been using my garden as an excuse for not blogging a bunch lately and so I thought I would share it with you.  Also, its kind of fun to chronicle how it grows over the summer.  The top picture is of the full garden, fence and all.  In it are sugar snap peas, broccoli, green beans, lima beans, carrots, yellow onions, red onions, cabbage, cherry tomates, beets, roma tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers, pickling cucumbers, salad cucumbers, pumpkins, and zucchini.  Phew!  Did you catch all that?

The middle row on the left are 2 cucumber seedlings.  The middle top are green bean seedlings with a picture of some of the cabbage and beets below.  Then on the right is a pepper plant growing my first pepper of the season!

The bottom row is a picture of my grapes (already here) and then on the right is one of my 2 marble pots.  This pot has all my herbs in it. There is basil, thai basil, 2 kinds of rosemary, flat parsley, curly parsley, cilantro, spearmint, thyme, chives, sage and dill.  The other pot (not shown) is full of lettuce.  I also have a couple small pots that contain more cucumbers, peppers (green and serrano) and my potato bucket.

All of my seeds started sprouting the last 2 days.  It is very satisfying to put a seed in the ground and then watch it sprout into a big plant.  I can't wait to pick some veggies and eat them!  I also hope that by including Peanut in all of this that she'll be more willing to eat the veggies versus when we buy them from the store.  So far she's just excited about the pumpkins.

Stay tuned for more garden updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment