Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rainbow Countdown Calendar


Ever since Peanut found out she was going to school she's been asking us daily if she can go to school.  I decided the best way to stop the asking was to make a countdown calendar for her so she could see how much longer it was until school started.  I spent a couple days mulling over ideas until I came up with the rainbow.  This way Peanut is learning about the rainbow and different colors while counting down the days until the start of school.

It ended up being a very cheap project.  $.39 for the poster board (which, I didn't use the whole piece) and $.40 for the box of Crayola crayons which will be just fine once we're done.  I love the back to school sales.  I buy a few boxes of crayons each fall to get us through the year.


For the Rainbow I used my protractor and did it in 1/2" increments.  I then retraced my lines with a sharpie.  As you can tell, I don't draw very straight (curved?) lines.



I used a sharpie to right the numbers and then wrote the color of the crayon using the crayon.  I'm such a genius.  Then I taped the crayon below the word.  In hindsight, I wish I had put 19 right under 18.  So, if you make one, I suggest you do that.  I think it would be prettier.


Peanut was quite excited to start coloring her rainbow.  She's already asked a few more times today if she could color another one.  At least she's bugging me about something other than when school starts.







No comments:

Post a Comment