Monday, August 1, 2011

Ollie's Bargain Outlet


Ollie's is something very special to Central Pennsylvania. (Update: I just read that they now have 104 stores in 12 states. Crazy!) They are an outlet store that gets things with mistakes, leftovers, and extras.  They have some great deals and, to me, it's a crafter's paradise.


Ollie was a real person.  He died in the '80s.  He was an icon of the Harrisburg area.  His face covers the store and all advertisements.


One of the great things is the sheet selection.  They have sets, but they also have single sheets and pillowcases ranging from $.99 to $2.99 apiece.  Sheets are a great way to get a large amount of cotton the cheap.  Getting nice new, clean ones on the cheap is even better!


They've got a selection of school supplies.  I can't believe it's almost time for school already!


Another view of the store


These are the type of cheesy slogans they use.  This sign and a ton others don the walls of the stores.


The loot!  I got 2 plastic placemats that I'm hoping to be able to use with washable markers.  1 cloth one (the green stripe in the back) that I want to use as grass under toys or cars.  1 green plastic table cloth to make into a car playmat for the matchbox cars.  The purple is a package of paper placemats.  I felt like for $1 they would be great to color on or use for crafts. The 3 cans are spray paint that will turn stuff into frosted glass.  As you can see I got blue, green, and purple.  I thought they were such pretty jewel colors that I wanted to try them out.  Each item was $1.  So, I ended up spending $8.  I can't wait to see what I end up using these things for and I can't wait until I visit PA again so I can go back to Ollies!

1 comment:

  1. Visit Ollies Store if you want to shop for items for your home. There, you can find toys, food, flooring, electronics, clothing, lawn and garden supplies, hardware, sports equipment, health and beauty products, and other items. Visit this website to learn the ollies' operating hours. ollies hours

    ReplyDelete