Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday Goodies!

A birthday only comes once a year.  So, might as well get the most you can out of it!  Around here there are a ton of birthday freebies and discounts so I spent my day collecting them!  To start, last week, I got my free burrito and drink at Moe's Southwest Grill.  You have to sign up for their emails ahead of time and then they email you the coupon and it's good for a few weeks.


This morning my first stop was Zingerman's Bakery and then Zingerman's Coffeehouse as well.  I got 6 (Yes 6!!!) free bagels and a free small coffee. No advanced planning needed for this one.


Next I went to World Market with my $10 off coupon (sign up for email beforehand).  I got this lovely gravy boat and butter dish for $1!  The dish was $6 and the gravy boat $5, minus my coupon left me with $1 plus tax.  I'm so excited to finally have a gravy boat!  I feel like such a grown up now.


Oh, before lunch we went to the Salvation Army.  Our Salvation Army (and maybe others?) gives 25% off on your birthday.  In addition to these dishes (for Thanksgiving) I got a jean coat and pair of jean overalls for Peanut and a new sweater for me with the tags still on.  I ended up spending $15 total.

We then went to lunch at BD's Mongolian Grill with Papa B.  I signed up for their email last night and got a free meal coupon in my email this morning!  Sorry, I don't have a picture of my lunch.  


After lunch I went to The Cupcake Station for my free mini cupcake and to get cupcakes for our dessert tonight.  On the left is a Samoa Cupcake (mine).  The middle one is the party cupcake (Peanut's). Lastly, the far right is the bumpy cake cupcake (Papa B's).  Bumpy Cake is a michigan thing. It's a cake (or cupcake) with whipped cream on top and then covered in chocolate than then hardens.  It's amazing but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake.  Oh, my mini cupcake was German Chocolate.  It didn't make it home to get it's picture taken. (very delicious, btw!)




Finally, before we headed back home for nap time, I made my very first trip to Ann Arbor Sewing and Quilting Center.   They give 30% all cuts of fabric over 1/2 yard on your birthday.  I have a specific plan for these fabrics, but you'll have to wait to see it!  All I'll say is that I'm very excited!

So, we were running around for 5 hours today.  And, I did spend some money.  But, I had a lot of fun and I'm super excited about all the birthday deals I got!


No comments:

Post a Comment