Monday, April 4, 2011

Picket Fence Centerpiece


Other than the cookies turning out not so great, I really love how this turned out.  I love all my little flowers and I think it has a great picket fence look.    

So, here's how I did it:


First I painted the top and insides of my crate.

Then I glued popsicle sticks on the sides.  The long sides are a 1 large 7 small pattern and the short sides are a 1 long 11 small pattern.

Then I painted it all white. It took 2-3 coats.

I used paint pens to paint flowers and grass all around

Here's the other side

I used the wilton's cookie pop pan to make the flowers and a not so great sugar cookie recipe.  I only used that recipe because I didn't have the butter most commonly found in sugar cookie recipes.  I plan on trying the recipe that came with the pan in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment