Monday, April 25, 2011

Maple Glazed Roast Chicken


Anglophile: A person who greatly admires or favors England and things English.

I think today Papa B and I took our Anglophilia to a whole new level.  I found a recipe for Maple Glazed Roast Chicken on a British website.  I even had to change the oven temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit.    Heck if I remember the formula from Chem 101.  Thank goodness for Google Calculator.

So, without further ado, here's the recipe Ol' Chap!

Maple Glazed Roast Chicken
1 whole chicken
5 tbsp red wine vinegar, divided
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon

1) Preheat the oven to 400°. Season the chicken and pour 2 tablespoons vinegar into the body cavity. Put in a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, mix together the remaining vinegar with the syrup and cinnamon. Brush half the mixture over the chicken and roast for a further 10 minutes. Brush with the remaining glaze and return to the oven for a final 10 minutes, until the chicken is deeply golden and shiny. Rest for 5 minutes before carving.



We really liked it.  Papa B wanted a different type of roasted chicken from the normal and this definitely fit the bill.   The cinnamon flavor really stands out and is new to my taste buds in combination with chicken.  I used the leftovers in a different recipe (stay tuned!) and I could still taste the cinnamon.   It's definitely a recipe we'll hold onto.  It doesn't hurt that its English.

No comments:

Post a Comment