Sunday, January 22, 2012

It really worked!!

Papa B put lettuce in the fridge without putting it in a bag or container.  Sadly, my lettuce wilted and I felt the sting of missing part of a meal (salad) and also the loss of money.  I figured there had to be some trick to reviving and therefore I turned to the one source I can always count on, Google.  I did a search and I found someone saying to cut the bottom off the lettuce, submerge it in a bowl of water and put it in the fridge overnight.  I was slightly skeptic but figured I couldn't be in worse position than I was currently in, a woman with a head of bad lettuce.  So, out came my bowl, knife, and cutting board.  The next morning I opened my fridge to find....A perfectly crisp head of lettuce!  It was beautiful!  It came above the water line as it plumped up, but it was all fine but one piece.  I think next time I'll use a bigger bowl. Here are pictures of my plumped lettuce!



By the way, the salads were delicious!  I'll be sure to keep my lettuce in a bag, but if it happens again at least I know how to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment