Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fabric Belt: A tutorial

Ack! I can't believe it's been a week!  I kept saying "I'm too tired tonight.  I'll blog tomorrow." and now a week has gone by!  I've been so busy sewing and cooking.  I have so much stuff to blog about!  I just need to spend the time writing about it.  So, here is a post I meant to write back in May and never did.


So, I have been losing a bit of weight.  I don't really have any belts and so I set out to make one.  I made one of these belts for Peanut for Christmas and it was so easy and cheap I decided to make one for myself.

Fabric Belt Tutorial:


Supplies:
5/8" wide stitch witchery
2 - 1" D rings
Scrab of fabric min 38"x4"



First, Measure around your waist (or the waist of the person you are making the belt for).  You will want to cut your fabric to that number + 6".  So, your fabric will be The waist+6" by 4".  Cut the stitch witchery to the waist + 6" number.



First, Fold the fabric in half and iron it flat.



Open it up and fold the two outer edges into the middle.  Iron it flat.


Lay the stitch witchery down along the one half side.  Then fold it half again.  It should now be in 4ths with the raw edges in the middle.  Iron it until the stitch witchery melts and it all holds together.



This is what it should look like with the stitch witchery in the middle


Sew as close to the edge as you can down both long sides for extra durability




Put the D rings on one end and fold over about 1 inch and then stitch at the raw edge.  If your raw edge isn't surged, fold it under before stitching.  On the other end fold it under twice and sew.


That's it!  Super easy.  Put your new belt on and take it out on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment