Friday, July 22, 2011

Mutti's Garden


These are pictures from my step mom's garden.  I call her Mutti, which is German for Mom.  We aren't German, but it makes it easier to differentiate.  The top left picture is her main garden in their back yard.    The top right is her potatoes in a bag.  I'm rather jealous of those.  She didn't have a little critter eat her potatoes.  Middle left is one of her green bean plants.  She has it growing up a archway she has in the main part of the back yard.  I think its really cool because the flowers are purple.  My green bean's flowers are white.  The middle picture is of one of the tomato plants she has.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but they are about the size of a marble.  They're very sweet and juicy.  I'd like to grow some in my garden next year for Peanut and Munchkin.  The middle right is her eggplants.  The bottom left is their pond.  I love sitting out there, but it's been so hot and muggy even at night that its not comfortable to sit out there.  The bottom right picture is the winter squash.  It's so picturesque hanging over the fence like that.

That's all I've got for now!  Off to the beach we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment