Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Today is our Nation's Independence day.  It also kicks off NEW RECIPE WEEK!!  I talked about how I haven't done it in a while and so I decided its about time!  Since we spent today at a cookout I decided to try a new recipe on our friends. I made Chicken and Potato salad, a combination of chicken salad and potato salad. I saw it on Good Morning America a couple of years ago and have been wanting to make it since.  It most certainly wasn't the hit of the party, but it seemed liked overall.



I think next time I'll either put in less mustard or omit it all together.  Papa B really liked the "tang" the mustard gave it, but I'm not a big mustard fan and didn't like the taste as much.  Other than that I thought it was really good.  So, here's the recipe:

Potato and Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
4 idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 tbsp EVOO
Salt and pepper
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
3 sliced cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp yellow mustard
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
2 sage leaves, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Heat grill to a medium-high.

Place potatoes on a sheet tray, toss with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile,  brush the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Grill until grill marks are formed and cooked through.  Remove from the grill, let cool for a bit, and cut chicken into cubes.

In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, chicken and bacon with the celery, onions, and garlic.  Add the mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.  Mix until well combined.

Yields 6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment