Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Heart Party: Pin the Heart on the Bear


One of the games I planned for Peanut's birthday party was Pin the Heart on the Bear.  I made this felt bear and a pile of felt hearts with velcro.  To make the pattern I used Ikea's paper roll (best $5 bucks ever).  I drew out each piece, then cut it out and laid it on my floor.  My freaky bear pattern looked like this:


I colored some of the pieces in just to help me visually.  Everything is a separate piece and just laid out together.  I then used the pattern pieces to cut out the brown felt.  To give you an idea of the size, the red is 2' x 3'.  I would be more than willing to share the pattern pieces with anyone who might want them.  Just email me or leave a comment.

After I cut everything out I just pinned it to the red and sewed them on using 1/4" seam around the edges of each piece.  I started with the body and worked up the layers.


Here's a closer look.  You can see the seems.  After I finished the bear I folded over the top and sewed a line along the top to make a pocket for my dowel rod.

For the hearts, I cut 2 hearts of each color.  ironed on the rough part of the velcro onto one, and then did a blanket stitch to attach the two heart pieces together.  Each kid got a different color.  I wish I took pictures of what the bear looked like after the game.



Why, hello there.  Will you give me a hug?



No comments:

Post a Comment