Sunday, February 19, 2012

Heart Party: Heart Garland


I saw this beautiful heart garland on Pinterest.  The original pin I found linked me to a site in a foreign language.  So, I just looked at the pictures and did it on my own.  I have since found a blog on Craftzine that gives a tutorial.


I did two things differently. I used wood balls instead of felt ones.   Also, I used craft felt.  I don't have the money for wool felt and I have no idea where to find felt balls.

I noticed right away that my felt wasn't stiff enough to hold the heart shape.  So, I had to figure out how to fix it.  To stiffen the felt I watered down Elmer's glue and painted the hearts. 

I laid them out to dry, and to my amazement, it worked great!

To paint the balls, I took strips of tin foil and rolled them into thin tubes.  I then threaded the balls onto the foil.  The foil was stiff and thick enough to keep them still and separate, perfect for painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment