Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tutorial: Cutting Craft Foam with the Cricut

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a Cricut for a few days this past week.  There were two projects put on hold by the unfortunate demise of mine.  The first was shadow puppets for Peanut's puppet theater and the second was foam easter egg magnets for her to decorate.  So, after doing the projects I can now share how I managed to cut craft foam with my cricut using a deep cut housing and blade.

Set the speed to 2
Set the pressure to 4
Set the blade number to 5 (more than 5 cuts into the mat)

After its done cutting you'll need to pull apart the shape from the leftover foam.  With the blade set at 5 it wasn't very hard.  Its not perfectly smooth on the edges, but plenty smooth for my needs.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the process.  One of these days I'll be able to replace my broken camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment