Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pizzaiola Style Steak


On Saturday when there was nothing else to watch, we turned on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals.  She made Pizzaiola-Style Flank Steak Pinwheels.  They looked so good that I wanted to try to make them.  As an FYI, my first rule when making one of her 30 minute meals is, it takes me way longer than 30 minutes to make.  Also, butterflying a steak isn't as easy at it looks.  So, here are my modifications to the recipe:


I used pizza cheese and grated parmesan in place of the shredded provolone and Pecorino.  I also couldn't find canned plum tomatoes and so I used a can of italian seasoned tomatoes.  I had to use curly parsley instead of flat leaf because I couldn't find flat leaf in my grocery store and I didn't think it warranted searching for it.  I didn't do the garnishes because Papa B and Peanut couldn't care less about that stuff and why spend money on things like that?


The Verdict:


This meal was DELICIOUS!  That is a picture of what I had on my plate and it filled me up along with some frozen snap peas I cooked(microwaved).  It was a little spicy, but not too much and full of flavor.  The only issue I had while cooking it was that the meat took an extra 5 minutes.  When I first took it out and cut into it some of the middle was still raw.  I'm all about pink inside, but not raw.  We will definitely be keeping this recipe but saving it for special occasions because of the cost involved.


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment