Sunday, November 20, 2011

Doll Bed


A couple months ago, I found this doll bed at the thrift store for 3.93 (I seriously don't get their random prices, but that's beside the point).  I was super excited and immediately planned on painting it and making a set of sheets.  Fast forward a lot of cutting (how many times can I cut the sheet the wrong size?), sewing, and 4 coats of paint.


Tada!  Isn't blogging magic fun?  I painted all of the pink green, repainted the white, and then sprayed 3 coats of sealer on the bed itself.  I also made a full set of sheets and a fleece blanket.  The sheets are a mini set of real sheets.  Why not make teaching Peanut how to make her bed fun?  


Here's a closer look at the top.  I have a wider hem at the top of the sheet.  The fleece blanket is a basic piece of fleet that has been hemmed the whole way around.  I'm still thinking about adding something, but haven't decided yet.




 Here's a closeup of the pillow and the pillow case.  I'm real happy with how it turned out and can't wait to see what Peanut says on Christmas morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment