Sunday, November 28, 2010

Munchkin had a little lamb

There's a little bit of a back story to this project. My eldest daughter, Peanut, has a lovey. It's an adorable bunny and she's attached to it at the hip. The bunny was given to her by our neighbor back in PA and only cost about $10. Since then the original bunny has gotten "old" and we ventured on the task of buying back ups for her. I soon found out that the bunny was stopped being made shortly after ours was purchased and they are very hard to come by. Almost $100 and 2 Ebay purchases later, we now have 2 replacement bunnies. When one gets dirty we just swap it out for a fresh one and throw it in the wash.

I did a lot of searching for a lovey for Munchkin, but haven't been able to find one that liked that was machine washable like the original bunny. And since I've vowed to only make gifts this year, I decided to make one for Munchkin. This way if something happens to it I can just make another. I found the most adorable teddy bear, but then found out the pattern is in a magazine only available in the UK. This lamb was made using Simplicity's 2921. He's not perfect, but hopefully E will love him for his uniqueness!

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment